Monday, February 1, 2016

Copic Conundrum #1

First fact: I'm an amateur card maker and stamper, but find that I am pretty good at picking things up from YouTube tutorials and Pinterest pins.

Second fact: I have invested a lot of money in Copic markers via Amazon (Hyatt's) and Hobby Lobby without being able to properly test and compare colors with what I own; therefore, many markers have been bought that are disappointing and/or are too alike and I just about kick myself for having spent $4-$8 on a marker that I wish I didn't waste money on. There's only so much info you can find on google to compare colors, which is my primary mode of Copic research- that and Pinterest, where a very resourceful woman does Copic Color-a-Day color comparisons. Thanks so much for that. 

Third fact: The entire Copic system is based on the markers' abilities to blend with each other. From my understanding of the Copic numbering system, two markers next to each other are supposed  to be blendable. I know there are many exceptions, but still, I get very disappointed when I purchase a marker that doesn't blend with either of its shoulder partners. This post is about two particular colors in the earth family that, in my opinion, do just that. 

E37 - Sepia
E39 - Leather


Now, which do you think the darker color of E39 is? Go ahead and guess. 



Wrong! The lighter color on top is actually E39. According to the numbering system, E39 is supposed to be darker than E37, and it's not. 

I'm extremely disappointed with my recent purchase of E39. 


No comments: